Back to AAFG IDPA Home Page
The First Four Rules of Gun Safety:
- The gun is always loaded.
- Never point a gun at something you are not prepared to destroy.
- Always be sure of your target and what is behind it.
Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on the target.
Additional AAFG Safety Rules:
- Keep your firearms cased until the you have received the safety briefing from the Match Director or a designated Safety Officer.
- Obey the commands of the Safety Officer at all times.
- AAFG is a cold range. Do not load your firearm until directed to do so by a designated Safety Officer immediately prior to shooting a match stage. You will be directed to unload your firearm immediately after completing a match stage.
- A designated Safe Area is provided. In the Safe Area, you may uncase and case your firearm, holster and unholster your firearm, check mechanical operation, make necessary adjustments and repairs, and show it to others. Never handle ammunition in the Safe Area.
- You may load magazines and speed loaders anywhere other than the designated Safe Area.
- Outside of the Safe Area, you may not handle your firearm in any way unless you are under the direct control of a Safety Officer. You may wear your holstered handgun and magazines or speedloaders anywhere on AAFG club property.
- Obey all AAFG and IDPA safety rules. If you see an unsafe act, please inform the nearest Safety Officer. Any unsafe act or serious or repeated rule violation may result in disqualification from the match.
- All shooters and spectators are required to wear eye and ear protection during the match.
- The only safe muzzle direction is downrange towards the dirt berm of the AAFG action pistol range. Always point the muzzle of your firearm towards the dirt berm, and parallel to the ground or down toward the bottom of the berm.